Posted on June 30th, 1993 by David Luhman.
Contents of my podcast on Entering the Japanese Market
- Welcome to "Entering the Japanese Market"
- Why should you do business in Japan?
- Trade deficits with and access to Japan
- Japan's distribution system and foreign investment
- Non-tariff barriers to the Japanese market
- Assistance from the US and Japanese governments
- Where to find information about the Japanese market
- Setting up a liaison office in Japan
- Working with Japanese trading companies
- Joint ventures or licensing in Japan
- Establishing a branch office in Japan
- Business entities in Japan - yugen kaisha and kabushiki kaishi
- Capitalizing a Japanese kabushiki kaisha
- Other requirements when forming a Japanese kabushiki kaisha
- Ongoing requirements for running a Japanese kabushiki kaisha
- Mergers and acquisitions in Japan and conclusion